Meet Joy the Christmas Tree! Joy may be the smallest Christmas tree, but she shines just as bright as the rest because of the joy inside her! For Joy, every day is Christmas!
Add this pattern to your Ravelry Favorites | Join the Furl CAL group
ABOUT OUR DESIGNER
I’m Holly and I started my little business, Storyland Amis in 2015! I’ve always loved designing things even before I knew how to crochet. I used to draw all the time or design knitted dishcloth patterns. Then my sister taught me how to crochet in 2012 and fell in love with it right away! I’ve been designing my own amigurumis almost since the beginning!
My passion is crocheting amigurumi, or ami for short, which is the Japanese art of crocheted or knitted stuffed animals. There are so many possibilities when you have a hook and some yarn! I never get tired of coming up with new designs and often lie awake at night dreaming up some new plushie.
Blog / Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest
– Worsted weight yarn (4 ply) in green, brown, & small amount of yellow (U.K. equivalent is Aran & AUS/NZ is 8 ply.) For my green yarn I used Caron Simply Soft Party in the color “Spring Sparkle”
– G (4.00 mm) crochet hook- Holly used her White and Rose Gold Odyssey
– 12mm black safety eyes
– Fiberfill (or your stuffing of choice)
– Yarn needle
– Stitch marker
– Premade pom poms (0.25 in./0.64 cm) I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby. I used around 19 on my tree
– Small amount of pink felt and matching sewing thread
8.5 in. (21.5 cm.) tall
Abbreviation key (US terms)
sc – single crochet, st/sts – stitch(es), Sl st – slip stitch, Dc – double crochet, Trc—triple crochet, dec – decrease (sc the next 2 stitches together), inc – increase (2 single crochet in the next stitch), R1 – round 1, Rep – repeat, BLO – Back Loops Only, ** – repeat this group of instructions amount of times indicated
All rounds are worked continuously (that is, vs. joined rounds.)
Coming Saturday, December 14, 2019